Open Bank Account in United Bank of India : United Bank of India is one of the largest, trustworthy and a growing bank in India. If you plan to open a new bank account, one option must be United Bank of India. Opening a Bank Account in United Bank of India is not just visiting the Branch and getting your Bank Account opened immediately. There are a few formalities which you must complete to get a United Bank of India Account. Also, you must know about the eligibility criteria to open a new bank account in United Bank of India. Knowing all these things beforehand is a good thing, as you need to prepare yourself to apply for a bank account in United Bank of India.
How to Open a Bank Account in United Bank of India ?
Before we move ahead to know the procedure to open a bank account in United Bank of India, let us first know about the eligibility to open United Bank of India Account.
Eligibility to Open a Bank Account in United Bank of India
Before you make a visit to United Bank of India, it’s a good thing to check whether you meet all the criteria for opening an account with United Bank of India. Most of the United Bank of India Branches will require the following :
1) Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
2) Applicant must be over 18 years of age (Except Minor Account).
3) Applicant must have the necessary KYC Documents to open United Bank of India Account. Usually Proof of Address, Proof of Identity and PAN Card is required.
4) Applicant should have a Guarantor who has a Bank Account in the same branch of United Bank of India (Sometimes not needed).
5) Applicant must have minimum deposit amount for the Account(Not applicable for some accounts). For Example :- Rs.1000 is required to open a normal Savings Account in United Bank of India.
Types of Bank Accounts offered by United Bank of India
Once you know that you are eligible to open a bank account in United Bank of India, you must choose the account that best suits your need. Here is a list of Bank Accounts that are being offered by United Bank of India.
1) Savings Bank Account : This is the most common Savings Bank account that can be opened by an individual or in the names of two or more individuals. In case you open a Joint account, it can be operated jointly or individually, by either or survivor, or former or survivor clause. This Account can also be opened in the name of a minor, but operated by natural guardian.
Minor of the age 13 or more can operate this account individually. An illiterate person may also open and operate this account jointly with illiterate or literate applicant, but in any case literate will be the survivor. Blind person is also eligible to open this account. This account can also be opened by a club, a society or an association.
2) United Children Savings Account : This type of Account is specially designed for Minors and can be operated by the Minor Applicant himself/ herself when he/ she is aged 10 or above. In order to encourage and develop savings and banking habit of Children, Bank has come up with this scheme under which children completing the age of 10 or above can open and operate “United Children Savings Account” independently. Under this Account the initial minimum deposit and the minimum balance amount in the account is just Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty). Account Opening procedure is the same as that for Savings Bank Deposit A/c.
3) United Basic SB Account : This type of Account is designed mainly for low-income families in rural/ urban areas, industrial/ agricultural labourers in rural/ urban areas and non-pensioner senior citizens.
This account can be opened by an individual or in the name of two or more individuals. In case the person applies for a Joint account, it can be operated jointly or individually, with either or survivor (or) former or survivor clause. This account may also be opened in the name of minor, which is to be operated by natural guardian. Minor above 13 yrs of age can operate account individually. An illiterate person may also open this account jointly with literate applicant but in such a case, the mode of operation will be ‘Former or Survivor’ where illiterate would operate the account and literate will be the survivor. There is no restriction for deposits. Maximum 5 withdrawals per month are permitted. A charge of Rs. 5/- per month will be levied for every additional withdrawal transaction.
4) Current Account : Current Account is Bank Account provided to a business entity like Partnership firm, Limited Companies, Pvt. Ltd. Companies etc.
Read Also : Joint Accounts in India
Steps to Open a Bank Account in United Bank of India
Once you have checked your eligibility and made up your mind with one of the bank accounts, you can proceed with the steps to open United Bank of India Account.
1) Gather the required KYC Documents : The first and the foremost thing to do is to gather all the necessary KYC documents to open a Bank Account in United Bank of India. You will need to provide the photostat copies of your Address Proof, Identity Proof, PAN Card, 2 Passport Size Photographs. Also, you would be required to produce the originals during verification process.
2) Collect & Fill Account Opening Form : Once you have gathered all the documents, you need to collect United Bank of India Account Opening Form from any branch of United Bank of India. Fill up United Bank of India Account Opening Form completely and put your signature wherever required. You can also take help of United Bank of India Officials if you have problem in filling up the form. You can also apply for Internet Banking and Mobile Banking through this form. However, you need to activate United Bank of India internet banking and mobile banking separately.
3) Visit the Branch : After you have the duly filled United Bank of India Account Opening form and the necessary KYC Documents, you need to visit the United Bank of India Branch in which you want to open your Bank Account.
4) Verification of Form & Documents : Talk to the Accounts Person or the Branch Manager about the Verification of form and KYC documents for new bank account. You will then be sent the concerned person for verification of form and the documents. Once the verification process is complete, you can proceed to the next step.
5) Submit Minimum Deposit Amount : Submit the minimum deposit amount by filling up the cash voucher by entering the amount as per the bank account you opted for. Example : – Rs.1000 in case of a Regular Savings Bank Account. You need to write New Account in place of your name in the cash deposit voucher.
6) Collect Passbook and ATM Card : Finally, you will be getting your United Bank of India Passbook and ATM-cum-Debit Card with your ATM Pin. Your ATM will take 1-2 days to get activated and your first transaction should be done by using United Bank of India ATM only. If you want a custom ATM Card with your name on it, you need to apply for it separately.
Note : If you have applied of a Cheque Book and/or Internet Banking, then you will be getting your Cheque Book and Internet Banking credentials by post at your registered address.
Good Practices after you get a Bank Account in United Bank of India
1) If you can memorize your Bank Details, PINs and Passwords , it’s a good idea to commit the following information to your memory so that you don’t need to rely on the documents in the future.
2) To make it more safe, Make a note of your Account Number, ATM Card no., PIN etc at a safe and secure location.
3) Save United Bank of India Customer Care Number in your mobile phone.
4) Contact United Bank of India customer care in case of any mishap with your Bank Account or if you have lost ATM card. If you think your account information has fallen into wrong hands, you must call or visit United Bank of India to request to block your account or a particular service on your account to prevent unauthorized use.
Read Also : How to Block United Bank of India ATM Card ?
Things you must know before opening a bank account in United Bank of India
You must know some important things before you apply for a bank account in United Bank of India. You can clear the queries mentioned below at any United Bank of India Branch or by calling United Bank of India Customer Care Numbers.
- Is there a monthly/quarterly fee for maintaining this Account in United Bank of India ? If so, what is it?
- Is there a minimum balance that I must keep within this United Bank of India account? If so, what is it? What sorts of fees have to paid if I go under that limit?
- What is the interest rate of my United Bank of India Account? How often is the interest generated ?
- Is there any limit to the amount of transactions per month (deposits/withdrawals, ATM uses)?
- Where all can I withdraw cash without paying any extra fees ?
- What is the fee for using other than United Bank of India ATM ?
United Bank of India Customer Care Numbers
At any point of time, you need help from United Bank of India Customer Care department, you can either reach them on the Toll Free numbers given below or can opt to write at the e-mail address mentioned below.
Toll Free Numbers : 1800-345-0345
Write to United Bank of India Customer Service Department : N/A
READ ALSO :