Apply for new SBI ATM Card : State Bank of India is undoubtedly the largest bank in India. When you open a new Bank Account with SBI, you are provided with Passbook, ATM Card, Cheque Book (if Requested), Internet Banking Credentials (if Requested) etc. Safety of ATM Card is very important as it can be misused if it gets on to the wrong hands. However, if you have lost and blocked your SBI ATM card, your SBI ATM Card has been blocked due to security reasons or for any other reason you want to apply for a new ATM Card in SBI, you can follow this article. Recently, my SBI ATM Card was blocked by SBI due to security reasons and that is the reason I came up with this Article.
How to get New SBI ATM Card ?
Applying for SBI ATM Card does not take more than 4-5 minutes. However, you must know that there are 2 ways to get new SBI ATM Card.
2 Ways to Apply for New SBI ATM Card are :
- Apply for SBI ATM Card Online through Internet Banking
- Apply for SBI ATM Card Offline through Branch Visit
How to Apply for a new SBI ATM Card Online ?
Before we know the procedure to apply for SBI ATM Card Online, let us know about a few important things about it.
Things to Know before you apply for SBI ATM Card Online
- You must not have a working ATM Card before you apply for a new ATM Card in SBI.
- If your SBI ATM Card is lost or stolen, you must block it before you apply for a new one.
- You will receive your SBI ATM Card at your registered address within 7-8 working days.
Steps to Apply for ATM Card in SBI through Online SBI Portal
1) Login to Online SBI Account using your Internet Banking Username and Password.
2) Select the E-Services option on the Top Menu.
3) Select the ATM Card Services in the left Sidebar.
4) Click on the ‘Request ATM/Debit Card’ link.
5) Now, you have 2 Options to Request Debit Card i.e.,
(i) Using One Time Password (OTP) : If you want to receive One Time Password on your SBI registered mobile number to proceed, select this Radio button.
(ii) Using Profile Password : If you want to go ahead by using your Profile Password, select this Radio button.
We have choosen Using Profile Password as the option.
6) Enter the Online SBI Profile Password and click on Submit.
7) Now, your Primary Account will already be selected.
If you have more than one account in SBI and you want to request ATM Card for that Account also, you can select it as your Secondary Account. Otherwise leave the Secondary Account(s) box blank.
Also, enter the following information :
Name on the Card : Enter the Name required your ATM Card.
Select the type of the Card : From the Drop Down, Select the type of Card needed.
8) Finally, tick mark on ‘I accept the Terms and Conditions’ box and Click on Submit.
As soon as you Click on Submit, you will see a message like the one shown below.
Thats it! You will receive your SBI ATM Card at your registered Residential Address within 7-8 working days. Kindly note that if you are unable to receive your ATM Card at your registered address, the SBI Debit Card will be sent to your Home Branch. In such a case, you must contact your Home Branch after about 2 weeks from the date of applying for the ATM Card.
How to Apply for a new SBI ATM Card Offline by Branch Visit ?
In order to apply for SBI ATM Card Offline, the account holder needs to follow the following steps :
1) Visit the SBI Home Branch.
2) Ask for the SBI ATM Card Application Form.
Alternately, you can Download SBI ATM Card Application Form Online and take a print of it.
3) Fill up the SBI ATM Card Application Form and Submit it the Accounts Official in your SBI Home Branch. Don’t forget to put your Signature in the Application Form.
Thats it! You will receive your SBI ATM Card at your registered Residential Address within 7-8 days. Kindly note that if, due to any reason you are unable to receive your ATM Card at your registered address, the ATM Card will be sent to your Home Branch. In such a case, you must contact your Home Branch after about 2 weeks from the date of applying for the ATM Card.
Final Words :
Applying for SBI ATM Card is a very easy task. Depending upon your convenience you can follow online or offline process. If you have SBI Internet Banking Credentials with you, the Online process to apply for SBI ATM Card will be a lot easier and less time consuming. It does not take more than 4-5 minutes to apply for new SBI ATM Card Online. Once you have your ATM Card with you, use the process mentioned below to apply for SBI ATM Card PIN.
READ ALSO :